Top 15 Printing Mistakes You Need to Avoid at Your Peril!.
This links to an illustrated list of the top 15 printing mistakes and errors you should avoid. This article is aimed mainly at inexperienced designers, but there’s also a few tips and further resources in it for seasoned designers, too. We all make mistakes, so here’s a resource that should aid everyone who wants to expand their knowledge.
1. Inadequate Bleed on Artwork
2. Using Small Text on a Rich Black Background
3. Images that are not converted to CMYK
4. Spelling Mistakes (the mother of all printing mistakes)
5. Designing Without Quiet Borders
6. Fonts that are Not Converted to Outlines in Adobe® Illustrator or InDesign
7. Image Resolution Too Low
8. Using Raster Text and Logos Instead of Vectors
9. Saving Black & White Images in Colour
10. Using .gif or .png File Formats for Print – One of the Major Printing Mistakes
11. Not Flattening Layers Before Exporting to PDF
12. Fonts that are Not Embedded in Your PDF
13. Not Locking Layers before Reviewing & Flattening a File
14. Not Supplying a Hard-Copy Proof
15. Really BAD Design Taste!
We are in no way affiliated with this external site, the link is for informational purposes only.